Tuesday 6 July 2010

You and I...

Marine Drive's boulevard is dotted with rain-soaked people...
The endless emerald-sapphire sea is all that can be seen
Sitting cross legged, drenched in the shadows of a life gone by...
I think about Delhi, I think about you...
Memories paint beautiful pictures in my mind...
Post-graduation has ended... a lot has changed...
No classroom, no professors...
Won't I miss it?
Won't you?...

Picture Credit:Internet

A cup of tea... dipped not with tea-bags but tiny drops of rain... a handful of maize kernels moist with heavenly dew...
...a blur of all cherished moments zoom into view...
The waves splash and sing forgotten verses in my ears...
An orphaned boats drifts across the sea...

Doesn't it remind you of our childhood days...?
when we used to make paper boats...
and let them float across little streams...

I think my boat is still scuttling across the seas like an abandoned child...
Perhaps, Looking for me...
Perhaps, Looking for You...

Picture Credit: Internet


Related Articles

6 comments/suggestions:

dhruvansh said...

hey anu.. dhruvansh here.. never knew u have become so famous and such a good writer...congratulations..
m in delli btw.. here to meet some ppl for a project that m doin..
tell me if u free nd lets meet?? m here till 30th..

Lazy Flying Saucer said...

my boat is still scuttling across the seas like an abandoned child...awesome expression...

nic read overall...read several of them .....

Raj
http://uncensoredrajstory.blogspot.com/

Tanvi said...

"I think my boat is still scuttling across the seas like an abandoned child...
Perhaps, Looking for me...
Perhaps, Looking for You..."

Wonderful lines! One day i too will go through the same, and i feel the same while leaving my dear city soon :(
Beautifully expressed....

GvSparx ~ Writing What The Heart Yells said...

Ah beautiful!!
Miss those days really... When water drenched more than just eyes :)

nature snaps said...

the photo says you are very creative photographer....the thoughts in your words makes the snaps more beautiful.

Rohan said...

Its the last couple of lines that made the poem...made it memorable.